Mark Warren will be responsible for delivering the reborn Adelaide 500 after returning to the South Australian Motorsport Board.
Warren has been appointed chief executive for the South Australian Government’s new South Australian Motorsport Board, which will oversee the return of the Supercars race after an election promise by Premier Peter Malinauskas.
“The return of the Adelaide 500 will give a vital boost to CBD hotels, cafes, restaurants, bars and the city economy more broadly,” said Malinauskas.
“I look forward to working with Mark and the South Australian Motorsport Board to ensure our State once again becomes a leader in staging major motorsport events.”
Warren was previously chief executive of the original South Australian Motorsport Board from 2010 to 2016.
“I’ve been drawn back to the role because of my passion for the Adelaide 500 and a vision to make it into something even bigger than it has been in its past,” he said.
“I think the experience I bring and the major event know-how we have in South Australia will ensure we will stage an outstanding season finale over the four days in December.”
The Adelaide 500 will be held from December 1-4.