Vivid Sydney has been pushed back to later this year following the increasing uncertainty around the length of Greater Sydney’s ongoing lockdown.
The event, which was forced to cancel last year, was set to run in August but has now been rescheduled to run from September 17 to October 9.
“We all want to see Sydney shine through the spectacular show of creativity and innovation that is Vivid Sydney in September and October this year,” Tourism Minister Stuart Ayres said.
“The recent outbreak has presented a new challenge for everyone, and the health and safety of our citizens and entire event community involved in Vivid Sydney is our foremost concern.”
However, Ayres left the door open for further changes saying “Vivid Sydney will only proceed if it’s safe to do so”.
“Destination NSW will continue to work with NSW Health and other agencies to deliver a COVID-safe Vivid Sydney later this year, with support from our event partners, artists, sponsors, and suppliers,” he said.