New South Wales has reached its 70 per cent fully vaccinated threshold with a raft of restrictions lifting from today.
Here is the full list of approved activities:
- Ticketed and seated outdoor public gatherings for up to 500 people
- Entertainment facilities can reopen with capacity limits
- Major recreation facilities can reopen for up to 5000 people
- 4 square metre rule applies indoors, 2 square metre rule applies outdoors\
- Hospitality venues open
- Standing while drinking outdoors
- Masks no longer required outside free to do from t
- Travel distance limits scrapped
- 10 visitors at home + kids under 12
- 30 people can gather outside
- Weddings and funerals for up to 100 people
- Gyms open with classes capped at 20
- Retail open, including hairdressers, salons, tattoo and massage parlours
Currently 73.5 per cent of NSW’s eligible population are double vaccinated while 90.3 per cent have received one dose.
Prime Minister Scott Morrison said it was a day “many have been looking forward to” after 100 days of lockdown.
The Everest horse race will also see crowd numbers double with 10,000 fans now allowed trackside at Saturday’s race following discussions with NSW Health.
“The Australian Turf Club has been working closely with the NSW Government throughout the pandemic and we are thrilled to be opening the gates to more people this Saturday,’’ said Australian Turf Club CEO Jamie Barkley.