Manly Beach has been named the number one beach in Australia in TripAdvisor’s Travellers’ Choice awards for Beaches for a second consecutive year.
Out of Australia’s top 10 beaches, half are in Queensland whilst New South Wales and Western Australia draw a tie at two beaches each. Mindil Beach in Darwin, Northern Territory rounds up the top 10.
“Australians love the sun and the surf, and every beach on this year’s list has something for everyone—from sunbathing to sunset walks, swimming, surfing, and even camel trains,” said Janice Lee Fang, communications director for TripAdvisor in Asia Pacific.
Award winners were determined based on the quantity and quality of traveller reviews and ratings for beaches on TripAdvisor, gathered over a 12-month period.
Top 10 Travellers’ Choice Beaches in Australia:
1. Manly Beach – Sydney, NSW
2. Surfer’s Paradise Beach – Surfers Paradise, QLD
3. Turquoise Bay – Exmouth, WA
4. Mooloolaba Beach – Mooloolaba, QLD
5. Whitehaven Beach – Whitsunday Island, QLD
6. Bondi Beach – Sydney, NSW
7. Noosa Main Beach – Noosa, QLD
8. Burleigh Heads Beach – Burleigh Heads, QLD
9. Cable Beach – Broome, WA
10. Mindil Beach – Darwin, NT
Top 10 Travellers’ Choice Beaches in the World:
1. Baia do Sancho – Fernando de Noronha, Brazil
2. Varadero Beach – Varadero, Cuba
3. Eagle Beach – Palm – Eagle Beach, Aruba
4. La Concha Beach – San Sebastian – Donostia, Spain
5. Grace Bay Beach – Providenciales, Turks and Caicos
6. Clearwater Beach – Clearwater, Florida
7. Spiaggia dei Conigli – Sicily, Italy
8. Seven Mile Beach – Seven Mile Beach, Cayman Islands
9. Playa Norte – Isla Mujeres, Mexico
10. Seven Mile Beach – Negril, Jamaica
For the complete list of Travellers’ Choice award-winning beaches for 2019, visit here.