“The partnership between Marriott Bonvoy and the Formula 1 has bolstered our occupancy and revenue as we lead into the 2023 Grand Prix event,” said Sean Hunt, Marriott’s local boss.
“Occupancy across our Melbourne properties is sitting at around 95% for the 30 March to 3 April period, an increase on 2022 figures which averaged 88% in the leadup and 90% over the Grand Prix weekend.
“Our two new Melbourne properties, Le Meridien Melbourne and The Ritz-Carlton Melbourne have launched to market with truly buoyant results. Both properties are fully sold out on April 1, demonstrating the strong demand major events drive into the city and testament to the recovery of travel, particularly in the luxury market.”
Melbourne is Marriott’s leading destination for growth in Australia for 2023, operating eleven hotels in Melbourne including the recently opened Le Meridien Melbourne and The Ritz-Carlton, Melbourne. By the end of March, Marriott’s room stock in Melbourne will sit at over 2400 keys.
“Hotel occupancy levels have continued to increase over the last year, with domestic travel continuing to drive demand,” said Hunt.
“In February 2023, the occupancy across our suite of Melbourne properties was at 70% and March will finish higher. We’ve added an additional 500 rooms to Melbourne this month, creating 270 new jobs. We currently employ more than 1150 across our Melbourne hotels.”
Marriott Bonvoy’s partnership with the Formula 1 Australian Grand Prix offers guests access to a range of experiences including premium Practice Day and Race Day viewing along with exclusive meet and greets with some of the world’s high-profile racing talent.
The Marriott Bonvoy Lounge at the Grand Prix will be providing exclusive hospitality experiences along with an on-site mixologist and award-winning chefs.