The 2019 Tourism Accommodation Australia (Victoria) Awards for Excellence have honoured Victoria’s star hotel performers at a gala dinner at the Grand Hyatt Melbourne.
The night was attended by almost 500 hospitality, business and political leaders including Victorian minister for consumer affairs Marlene Kairouz.
Former CEO of the Melbourne Convention Bureau, Karen Bolinger, was presented with the Outstanding Contribution to the Industry award, which recognises the sustained influence of a hotelier or industry leader who has made a significant contribution to Victoria’s tourism and accommodation sectors. Under Bolinger’s watch, the Melbourne Convention Bureau delivered over $2.4 billion in economic contribution to the Victorian Economy, and over 570,000 delegate days.
“Accommodation hotels in Victoria really are among the best in the business and this was on display again here at the Awards,” Tourism Accommodation Australia CEO Michael Johnson said.
“From Melbourne to the regions, Victoria sets a high standard when it comes to accommodation – I would like to congratulate all winners for providing high quality venues and service each and every day of the year.”
The 2019 TAA (Victoria) Awards for Excellence winners are:
- Apartment Accommodation of the Year – The Sebel Melbourne Docklands
- Hotel Restaurant of the Year – Bankvale Run, Marnong Estate & Locanda Restaurant, Rydges Melbourne
- Hotel Club Lounge of the Year – The Langham Melbourne
- Outstanding Community Service and Achievement – Grand Hyatt Melbourne
- Mid-Range Accommodation Hotel of the Year – Holiday Inn Melbourne on Flinders
- Regional Hotel Restaurant of the Year – Wickens at Royal Mail Dunkeld, Royal Mail Hotel Dunkeld