The inaugural Australian Festival Industry Conference (AFIC) has announced its full line-up of speakers.
To be held on October 24-25 at Opal Cove Resort in Coffs Harbour, the conference will focus on key national issues facing the industry, as well as facilitating professional development of festival management.
“There are now more festivals in Australia than ever before; however, organisers are facing a number of challenges to ensure their survival,” said AFIC founder and event director Carlina Ericson.
“Sponsorship and funding, digital entertainment access, public safety and new legislation are all threats that organisers need to face to sustain their businesses.
“These threats are commonly featured in discussions taking place right across the country, and the launch of AFIC is therefore quite timely – providing a platform for professional and intelligent discussion.”
The line-up includes:
- Phil Tripp, former SXSW rep and conference organiser (keynote)
- Heather Croall, director and CEO, Adelaide Fringe
- Glenn Hardy, IER Pty Ltd
- Angus Abadee – A/director, policy & legislation, Liquor & Gaming NSW
- Jon (J.C.) Corbishley FSIA, director, The Safety Officer Pty Ltd
- Chris Spencer, director of Saltwater Freshwater Alliance
- Dan Heather, Coffs Harbour City Council’s section leader, stadium and major events
- Mike Hammond – CEO & director, EMS Event Medical
- Elliot Williams – clinical lead, St Johns Ambulance
- Daniel Madeddu – director, alcohol and other drugs, NSW Ministry of Health
- Sam Wild, Create NSW
- Alana Hay, director, Milestone Creative
- Leah Trafford, Australia event director, SailGP
- Dane Hunnerup, Australia Council for the Arts