An opportunity to lead one of Adelaide’s most iconic venues is available for the right candidate.
Adelaide Venue Management (AVM) operates three of Adelaide’s most iconic and commercially successful venues – the Adelaide Convention Centre, Adelaide Entertainment Centre and Coopers Stadium (CS).
The Adelaide Convention Centre General Manager role is one of the most exciting senior roles within the venue management industry.
There are only a handful of these types of roles in Australia and this would be an exceptional opportunity for an accomplished and highly-driven professional to manage a truly world-class venue.
Reporting to the AVM CEO as a member of the Senior Management Team, the Adelaide Convention Centre General Manager is responsible for the commercially sound delivery of best practice products and services, while overseeing business development activities to achieve growth objectives within the national and international business events market.
To be successful in this role, you will need to be able to demonstrate:
- Strong leadership skills and knowledge of the business events industry.
- An astute commercial focus with a proven ability to take risks and challenge the status quo to achieve improved customer and financial outcomes.
- Proven ability to innovate and plan, develop and implement operational strategies within agreed budgets and timeframes to maximise customer satisfaction and retention.
- Expertise in MICE sales and marketing, with an exceptional ability to sell and engage with people from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience in successful commercial management of a convention centre or other similar large venue(s).
- Experience in being the public face of a major venue or business in making representations to governments, industry associations, media and other stakeholders.
This role provides a fantastic long-term opportunity for an exceptional venue management and/or business events industry professional.
Applications, including a brief covering letter and resume, may only be submitted via SEEK or the AVM website – addressed to Simon Hockridge, General Manager Human Resources.
Applications will close at midnight on Sunday 3 April 2022, or earlier should a suitable right-fit candidate be identified – so please don’t delay if interested.